COVID-19 MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER
Superior Bed Bug Solutions (SBBS) is committed to protecting the health of our customers and staff. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation. We want our customers to know that we are taking this very seriously and have implemented protocols to remove potential risk factors, both for our customers and our technicians.
We have been deemed an essential service so we will continue to operate throughout the crisis. If people are staying at home, our feeling is that they should not have to stay at home being bitten by bed bugs. Also, people who suspect they might have bed bugs should not have to stay at home not knowing if they have bed bugs or not. That adds additional anxiety to an already stressful environment.
We are a small family run company of 8 people and our small number makes internal communication and training easy. We are first focused on education. With our technicians, we continue to reinforce the enhanced need for good hygiene practices, such as the importance of frequent hand washing, avoiding touching one’s face, and cleaning with disinfectant for common areas. Our company vehicles are disinfected prior to every job. We have provided our canine handlers and heat technicians with gloves and facemasks to wear on jobs (Personal Protective Equipment). Technicians are required to practice social distancing at all times.
We are taking all precautions to reduce the chances that a Superior Bed Bug Solutions Technician contracts Conoravirus. Employees are required to take all precautions while working and while at home to minimize the possibility. However, should one of our Colleagues be diagnosed with Coronavirus, the procedures below will be followed:
- If a Colleague feels ill, they have been instructed to not continue to work and to notify their manager immediately and we will remove that Colleague from their work environment immediately.
- We will follow the quarantine guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- We will follow all CDC and local health department guidance on notifying anyone who has been in close contact with that individual.
- We will maintain our Colleague’s privacy by following all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) guidelines.
- We will continue to educate our entire staff on the signs and symptoms of the virus.
We want to be as transparent as possible about our safety procedures. Please feel free to call our office at 703.739.2847 to discuss how we are doing our best to protect you, your family and our technicians from Covid-19.
Jesse Jardim, CEO